St. Peter's C. of E. Primary School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- promoting a caring, safe and positive environment within the school
- encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- effectively tackling bullying
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, emotional or sexual abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
At St. Peter's C. of E. Primary School, in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel safe and secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
If you have a concern that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure you must contact the following member of staff member as quickly as possible.
Deputy DSL - Mrs Danielle Parker - firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED THEN PLEASE REPORT IT STRAIGHT AWAY
If you are working in school and have a concern about a child then contact the DSL/DDSL and complete your concerns on CPOMS with all the details - before the end of the day. . Should you have concerns about a member of staff then contact the Headteacher in the first instance. If the concern is about the Headteacher then contact the Chair of Governors.
As a school community at St. Peter's we can strive to make sure every child is kept safe - they all deserve to be kept safe from harm.