Our School Ethos
Recognising its 200 year historic foundation as one of the first schools in the area in 1817, our school is a special family l place. Full of children that feel safe, happy and loved. St. Peter's Church of England Primary School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality inside and outside within the context of Christian beliefs and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all our pupils.
Every child is entitled to have an exciting childhood and their St. peter's journey will fill them with Christian values and lifelong skills for later life, one based on a christian foundation.
As a church school, St. Peter's promotes high achievement and learning for life, developing a caring ethos and enabling everyone to :
- educate through broad and balanced curriculum in a thoughtful, caring and Christian way
- for children to enjoy learning, staff to enjoy teaching and for all to achieve high standards and reach their potential
- share our Christian vision enlivened by the distinctive nature of collective worship
- be valued, respected and treated fairly
- offer a rich variety of extra-curricular experiences
- serve our community
- draw together the school, the home and the church by children, teachers, parents, governors and parishioners
- develop each child spiritually, morally, culturally, physically, academically and socially
- ensure that every child irrespective of ability, gender, race or culture has an equal opportunity to participate and benefit from all school activities
- provide a safe, caring and supportive environment that is clean and orderly
- foster an understanding and respect for themselves, each other and the world in which they live
- value all those who contribute to the life of the school
- equip children to face the future with confidence, to chow tolerance and respect towards others
- ensure that each child's time at St. Peter's is happy and memorable
We demonstrate our commitment to Christian Values by:
- creating a caring environment where everyone feels valued
- ensuring equal opportunities for all
- striving for continuous improvement in all we do
- working collaboratively towards common goals
- learning partnerships between school, home and the wider community
By living the faith now, we reflect on centuries of Christian village life in Heysham. Jesus said 'Let your light shine before others'. like Saint Peter, we will be the rock on which our children can build their lives with their light shining brightly as part of the St. Peter’s family.
Based on Matthew 5:16
Responsibility , Joy, Love, Forgiveness, Trust and Courage